University of Washington COVID-19 Resources At Your Fingertips
University of Washington School of Medicine has compiled valuable up-to-date resources in response to COVID-19.
– COVID-19 treatment guidelines and algorithms
– PPE Guidelines
– Critical care training for non-critical care trained providers
Look below for specific resources that are available, or go directly to their resources by clicking HERE.
Contacts To Know
WY Public Health Emergency Line
For providers with urgent patient care or public health concerns
WY Public Health Non-Urgent Questions
For non-urgent questions and concerns. Use COVID-19 email
WDH Infectious Disease
Wyoming Department of Health Infectious Disease and Epidemiology Unit
WY State Lab
Wyoming Public Health Lab Director Cari Sloma
State Homeland Security - Taskforce on Logistics has centralized all donation offers in order to best use these generous resources. Please direct all emails related to donating supplies and equipment to email@example.com
Infectious Disease Specialist & Natrona County Health Officer Mark E. Dowell, MD will be our featured speaker 3/31 @ 12 PM via Zoom. Get all of your quetions answered with one of our state's best physicians.
RESOURCES AND LINKS
Below is a repository of resources, links and supporting documents to support COVID-19 response across Wyoming.
Current Research and Protocols
Articles and tables referencing and reviewing all of the recent, past, and ongoing research involving hydroxychloroquine/chloroquine, remdesivir, tocalizumab, azithromycin, and others.
Medscape: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Treatment and Management
Oxford Academic: COVID-19 Treatment: A Review of Early and Emerging Options (3/23/20)
ASHP: Assessment of Evidence for COVID-19 Related Treatments: (3/27/20)
Gautret et al: Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19 (3/17/20)
UW School of Medicine: UW ID Treatment Guidelines for SARS-CoV2 (Item 8)
CDC: Therapeutic Options for patients with COVID-19
Care Protocols and Guidelines
Resource Center includes information on the following and more:
- Patient Care protocols and Algorithms
- Policy Statements
- Patient Care Protocols
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Information Repository for Healthcare Professionals
WDH: COVID-19 Healthcare Licensing and Surveys Guidance (Includes guidance for infection control and prevention in nursing homes, hospitals, and more.)
JAMA: Comprehensive overview of the coronavirus by the JAMA Network – including epidemiology, infection control and prevention recommendations – available for free on its JNN Learning website.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) & Supplies
University of Washington – School of Medicine PPE Policy Statements
- PPE Conservation – Respiratory Care Supplies
- Guidance for Limited Reuse of N95 Respirators and PAPR Hoods
- PPE conservation policy-UWM (3/12/20)
CDC: Strategies to Optomize the Supply of PPE and Equipment
CDC: Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure in a Healthcare Setting to Patients with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) PPE Situation Summary Updated (3/21/20)
CDC: Healthcare Supply of Personal Protective Equipment (3/12/20)
CDC: Checklist for Healthcare Facilities: Strategies for Optomizing the Supply of N95 Respirators during the COVID-19 Response
Federal Action Toward PPE and Testing Supply
- COVID-19: Information for Healthcare Providers Regarding Laboratory Testing from the WY Department of Health (3/27/20)
- Updated State Guidance: COVID-19 Testing Recommendations
- WY COVID-19 Map and Statistics
- Important WPHL links for Wyoming Healthcare Providers
- WDH COVID-19 Monitoring Policy (2/10/20)
- State Health Advisory – Assessment of Patients with COVID-19 (HAN) (3/18/20)
- State Health Advisory – Assessment of Patients with COVID-19 (HAN) (3/28/20)
Modeling and Projections
World Health Organization (WHO)
Wyoming Department of Health
Telehealth will continue to play a key role in helping Wyoming care for patients in response to COVID-19. Use the links below to learn more.
General Guidance and Tools
Billing and Reimbursement
COVID-19 – Telemedicine Information published by WMS (3/18/20)
Health and Human Services
- OCR will exercise its enforcement discretion and will not impose penalties for noncompliance with the regulatory requirements under the HIPAA rules against covered health care providers in connection with the good faith provision of telehealth during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency
- Physicians can now provide common office visits, mental health counseling, and preventative health screening to beneficiaries via telemedicine regardless of geographic location
Policies and Communication: State Gov't. & Licensure Boards
Governor Gordon Executive Orders
Wyoming Public Health Orders
Wyoming Department of Health
State Licensure Boards
WMS Support Letters
Policies and Communication: Federal Gov't., CDC, WHO, CMS
Presidential Orders & Resources
New joint website from the CDC, White House and HHS www.coronavirus.gov
COVID-19 Advocacy Efforts
- Request that the Defense Production Act (DPA) be used to increase the domestic production of medical supplies and equipment
- Encouraged Congress to include in the final “stimulus” legislation specific provisions to help physicians sustain their practices
- Petitioned CMS Administrator Seema Verma for CPT code clarification
- Urged Health and Human Services (HHS) to provide further clarity around testing criteria and priorities (3/13/20)
Financial Relief and Economic Stimulus Packages
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidance
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Other General Information and Resources:
- CDC: About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Communication Resources
- Practice Preparedness Guidelines
Local Articles and Media
Wyoming Physicians Take the Lead
- 307Health – M. Tracy, MD. COVID-19 Testing: Positive Test Numbers Do Not Reflect Active Infections (3/21/20)
- D. Bartholomew, MD. The coronavirus: Pandemic? Overreaction? Government inside job? (3/17/20)
We know that there’s power in staying connected and learning from each other. There are a myriad of national resources, but sometimes it’s even more helpful to just connect within the state.
WMS can help. Join us every Tuesday over the noon hour to share stories &learned experiences, ask for help and rely on our community.
Tuesday – Weekly
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (MST)
Meeting ID: 191 171 605
(Must not be a member to join. Everyone is welcome)
Wyoming Needs Your Help
During these trying times, WMS is asking physicians to consider answering a future call to provide their time, energy, and skill to help Wyoming help our patients. COVID-19 is putting a tremendous strain on all physicians, especially those on the front lines, and the state is positioned to see unprecedented surge in patient care needs.
WMS is working with the State Board of Medicine to identify physicians who would be willing to help care for patients if the time came that our state might need you. Please consider submitting your name below to be added to a database of providers that we may need to call in if the situation worsens.
Wyoming is strong, our providers are strong, and sometimes strong means asking for help. Thank you for considering volunteering in this difficult time.