The Wyoming Medical Society was founded in 1903 to provide representation, advocacy and service to Wyoming physicians. We strive to be an efficient, member-driven, responsive organization, capable of anticipating and responding swiftly to the changing health care environment. WMS serves our membership, and their patients, and works to improve the health of Wyoming’s citizens.
The Wyoming Medical Society is, and always will be, a staunch advocate for physicians. This is our core. All of our other activities revolve around this core.
Your Membership Counts!
WMS brings valuable services to our members include: legislative advocacy, public health promotion, and a strong voice of representation across a wide mix of state and federal programs.
- Committed to bringing meaningful reform to Wyoming’s medical liability climate. Dedicated to continuing work in close coordination with Wyoming’s Governor, key legislators and Wyoming residents;
- Effective leadership in resolving key issues with Workers’ Compensation, the Wyoming Board of Medicine and other key agencies;
- Strong, successful legislative advocacy in matters of scope of practice, licensure regulations, Medicaid reimbursement, and more;
- Premier access to Wyoming’s most valuable in-person education and expo event; the Wyoming Medical Society Annual Conference held each June;
- Discounts on medical liability insurance with vetted and trusted WMS partner organizations;
- Opportunities for additional savings through participation in WMS vendor partner programs.
Please consider joining the Wyoming Medical Society.
David Wheeler, MD, PhD
Advocating for Wyoming doctors and their patients.
Goal #1 – Be The Voice of Medicine: Utilize the powerful, effective & unified voice of WMS to improve the physician practice environment and quality of healthcare for Wyoming patients.
Goal #2 – Provide a Premier Member Experience: Grow membership and increase provider participation and involvement to ensure the future health of the organization.
Goal #3 – Improve the Practice Environment and Increase Public Awareness: Enhance the public image of WMS members by strengthening physicians’ trusted leadership role in communities.