The Wyoming Medical Society addresses the administrative work for the Wyoming Chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). The mission of the AAFP is to improve the health of patients, families, and communities by serving the needs of members with professionalism and creativity.
Chapter Officers for 2022-2023
- President – Donald Kirk, MD, FAAFP (Star Valley)
- President-Elect – Tracey Haas, MD, FAAFP (Laramie)
- Secretary-Treasurer – Jake Behringer, MD, FAAFP (Cheyenne)
- Past President – Kristina Behringer, MD, FAAFP (Cheyenne)
- Delegate – Greg McCue, MD, FAAFP (Cody)
- Delegate – Lisa Brandes, MD, FAAFP (Cheyenne)
- Alternate Delegate – Dean Bartholomew, MD, FAAFP (Powell)
News and Events for WAFP Members
- WAFP announces scholarship awards:
Outstanding WWAMI Graduates:
Family Practice Residency Graduates:
- Caleb Brackett – $1,000 (WAFP Chapter Operating Funds)
- Alexis Anderson – $1,000 (WAFP Chapter Operating Funds)
- Cheyenne Program: Caleb West, DO – $1,000 (WAFP Chapter Operating Funds)
- Casper Program: Adam Heessel, DO – $1,000 – (UW Foundation Endowment Account)
- WAFP celebrates its largest acceptance of members into the Wyoming Medical Society’s Wyoming Leaders in Medicine Physician Leadership Academy: Erica Beal, DO, Sarah Durney, MD, Brian Gee, MD, Tracey Haas, DO, Beth Robitaille, MD, Alyse Williams, MD.
- WAFP schedules first in-person meeting since 2019! Please join us on Saturday, October 29, 2022 at 7 am for breakfast and a 1 hour meeting at the Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center prior. This meeting will be held in conjunction with the 2022 WMS Annual Meeting. For more information CLICK HERE.
- WAFP is proud to sponsor two University of Wyoming residents to participate in an overseas medical mission trip. The main mission objective of Overseas Medical Volunteers is to promote health and relieve suffering of impoverished people globally. This trip specifically with OMV will be in Ishaka, Uganda, volunteering at Ishaka Hospital, medical clinics near Ishaka, as well as promoting health and wellness out in the communities around Ishaka, Uganda. Congratulations, Rachel Banach, MD and Natalie Cazeau, MD.
- Congratulations to the following WAFP members for their graduation from the Wyoming Medical Society’s Wyoming Leaders in Medicine Physician Leadership Academy:
Renae Dorrity, MD – Pinedale, Carol Fischer, MD Cheyenne, Tracey Haas, DO – Laramie, John Haeberle, MD – Laramie, Renae Hepfner, DO Casper – Residency
- WAFP Chapter contributes more than $4,000 in scholarship funds to support Wyoming family medicine physicians to participate in the Wyoming Medical Society’s Wyoming Leaders in Medicine Physician Leadership Academy
- WAFP launches new Journal Club – Join us the third Wednesday of each month over the noon hour. Check the emails for information about the articles that will be discussed and other details.
July 7, 2017