Medical Malpractice Insurance
The Wyoming Medical Society exclusively endorses The Doctors Company. Our partnership provides WMS members with the protection of the nation’s largest physician-owned medical malpractice insurer. The Doctors Company has always been guided by a fundamental belief: that the practice of good medicine should be advanced, protected, and rewarded.
Backed by the financial strength of more than $4 billion in assets and a nationwide membership of 78,000, The Doctors Company offers WMS members expert guidance, resources, and coverage. That’s what The Doctors Company means by taking the mal out of malpractice insurance.
Benefits for eligible WMS members include:
- Program discount of 5 percent and claims-free credit of up to 17.5 percent.
- Participation in the Tribute® Plan, an unrivaled financial benefit that rewards members for their loyalty and commitment to superior patient care.
- Participation in The Doctors Company’s multiyear dividend program.
- The industry’s most aggressive claims defense.
- Industry-leading patient safety tools and programs, plus free on demand and live CME.
- Automatic protection against privacy breach and Medicare reviews through CyberGuard® cyber liability coverage and MediGuard® regulatory risk coverage.
To learn more about the exclusive benefits of The Doctors Company, contact Susan Miller at The Doctors Agency of Wyoming at (800) 451-9829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational and Informative Videos:
- The Opioid Epidemic: A Closed Claims Analysis
- Transforming Medicine in The Digital Age
- What Healthcare Can Learn from Other Industries
- What Will Medicine Look Like in the Future?
- What Doctors Need to Know About Zika
- Ransomware Attacks: HIPAA Burden Falls to the Hospital or Medical Practice
- The Patient’s New Role in Healthcare
- The Hospital Visit of the Future
- internal Medicine Closed Claims Study
- New Dr. Wachter digital medicine video: Personalized Medicine: Hype or Hope?
- Open Doc Notes – allowing patients to read everything
- Evolving Patient-Facing Technologies
- How Wearables Are Changing Healthcare
- Innovation in Patient Safety
- Up for Review: Five Keys to Managing Online Criticism
- Ransomewear: Tactics for Defense and Response
- Ransomware Do’s and Don’ts
- Artificial Intelligence vs. Healthcare
- Three Ways to Improve EHRs
- Orthopaedics: Innovations in Patient Safety
- Could Hackers Threaten Medical Devices?
- Hospitalists: Innovations in Patient Safety
- Cardiology: Innovations in Patient Safety
Risk Tips and articles
- Objective Review of Potential Risks in a Medical Practice Can Be Beneficial
- Prescribing Opioids Safely
- The obesity crisis not only contributes to growing health costs but also raises serious patient safety risks
- Shared Responsibility for Preventing Malpractice Suits
- Cybersecurity Guide
- Money Talks: Discussing Cost with Patients Before Treatment Is a Win-Win
- The Doctors Company is Taking the Mal Out of Malpractice
- Plastic Surgery Closed Claims Study
- Optimize the EHR: Better Workflow Means Better Work-Life Balance
- Watch for the Signs: Screen All Patients for Suicidal Thoughts
- The Doctors Dilema
- Perspectives on the Future of Medicine
- Taking the Risks to Heart: Misdiagnosis of Heart Disease
- To Text or Not To Text
- It’s Time to Reset the Medical Malpractice Conversation
- How to Safely Prescribe Opioids
- MACRA is a Marathon, Not a Sprint
- Grant Case Study: Teaching Medical Students to Reduce Diagnostic Error
- Take Note: How Medical Scribes Are Trained—And Used—Varies Widely
- Cybersecurity Must Be Part of Every Healthcare Professional’s Job
- Health Insurance Reform Could Lead to Patient Abandonment: Why the Silence?
- Cyber Attacks Threaten Patient Safety