Excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive salary of up to $400k offered! Posterity Group, LLC is seeking board eligible or board certified Psychiatrists. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
An ideal candidate would be a Board Eligible or Board Certified Psychiatrist who can provide coverage at the Sheridan VA Medical Center in Sheridan, Wyoming. This is a contract position for 5 years. You will be required to provide services during a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The work week will include inpatient/outpatient clinical services and on-call coverage. On-Call Coverage will include: one (1) week of nights/evenings and one weekend approximately every six (6) weeks. On-call hours during weekdays are 4:00pm through 7:30am. On-call hours for weekends and holidays are from 4:00pm on Friday through Monday at 7:30am. These are the same hours for holiday coverage if it extends the weekend or occurs mid-week. On-call contract physicians must be available at all times for phone consultations with VA residents and physicians.
Please reply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 232-5675 to further discuss this opportunity.
Employer: Posterity Group, LLC
Location: Sheridan Veterans Administration Health Care System
1898 Fort Road
Sheridan, WY 82801
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide outpatient and inpatient clinical services, and provide on-call coverage as outlined. Outpatient services shall include Tele-health clinical services and other duties as determined by the Sheridan VA Health Care Center.
- Provide care consistent with the national standard of care, based on best clinical judgment, VA/VHA clinical guidelines, VA/VHA directives, pertinent VA/VHA performance measures and guidelines.
- Shall be present on time for any scheduled clinics as documented by physical presence in the clinic at the scheduled start time. Psychiatrist shall adhere to SVAHCS service agreements between Primary Care provider and Psychiatry services.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and meetings with committee participation as required by the SVAHCS Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings as required by the VA HCS Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee
- The contract physician(s) shall complete the appropriate QM/PI documentation pertaining to all procedures, complications, and outcome of examinations.
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- Must have current license to practice medicine in any state.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
About the Sheridan VA Medical Center:
Since April 1922, the Sheridan VAMC has been a mental health care and primary care facility for men and women who have served their country. In 1898 the grounds that are now the Sheridan VAMC were set aside by President William McKinley to be a military fort. The fort was named after Brigadier General Ranald Slidell Mackenzie. The first troops to the fort in 1901 were Buffalo Soldiers who used the fort for rest and retraining. By World War I, the fort was closed and ready for demolition. However, former President Taft, who after leaving office was appointed to the Supreme Court, was able to get the fort transferred to the Bureau of Health as a hospital for men coming home from WWI with battle fatigue or what is known today as PTSD. The hospital opened in April 1922 as a 300 bed facility. By the end of World War II, the facility had 900 beds.
Today the Sheridan VAMC has 208 beds and serves nearly 12,500 Veterans yearly. The Medical Center boast eight Community Based Outpatient Clinics, located strategically across Wyoming. Each clinic, along with the Medical Center, is staffed to provide a wide range of health and mental health services.
About Sheridan, WY: Wyoming’s jewel, Sheridan’s fabled western history and dramatic mountain vistas meet new west comfort and the serenity of wide-open spaces. Providing history with a view from Main Street to the magnificent Bighorn Mountains – Sheridan offers modern hospitality with old west charm.
A beautiful town with gorgeous views of the Bighorn Mountains. Sheridan serves as the epicenter of festivals and events in Northern Wyoming. A wealth of cultural, historical and recreational opportunities such as hunting, fishing, boating, camping beckon from right in your backyard. From the wilderness of the Bighorns just a stone’s throw away to the surrounding cities and battle sites, the exploration never.